Connect & Celebrate Dinner
Wednesday, August 16
6:00 – 6:45 p.m. Reception
6:45 – 9:00 p.m. Dinner
Colorado Convention Center
Mile High Ballroom
Tickets are $45 per person and can be purchased during the registration process. Tickets will also be available for purchase onsite until 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 16, or until the event sells out. If you arrive late, seating and/or meal service may no longer be available.
Connect & Celebrate Dinner:
Rendezvous Under the Stars
It’s our last night in Denver and it’s time to celebrate. Join us for an evening where you can connect with friends and colleagues, old and new and reminisce about the week’s accomplishments. Musical entertainment will be provided throughout the evening from Michael Andrew and the Swingerhead Band.
At 6:45 pm, the ballroom doors open to reveal the main stage, where the main program will begin as we have dinner and a live performance from Dewayne Hill, America’s funniest comedic magician.
For dinner seating, all tables will be open seating (with the exception of designated reserved tables). That means, this year, we are giving you the freedom to choose your seat.
Bring your dancing shoes but leave those tuxedos at home! Dress for this event is business casual … that means things like khaki pants, slacks, skirts/dresses, as well as short-sleeved polo shirts and long-sleeved shirts. Try to avoid wearing jeans, tennis shoes, T-shirts and sweatshirts.
- Jack Daniel Award: Nathan McClure
Mr. McClure has been a continuous APCO member for 50 years and in Denver he will celebrate his 50th consecutive APCO International Conference. Mr. McClure has worked in numerous ways as a commercial member to help fulfill the APCO mission. His contributions to APCO include many years of service to numerous committees, including credentials, SDC, homeland security and the strategic planning task force.
Mr. McClure has been the chair of the membership sub-committee of the CAC for many years and worked closely with the membership committee to create the group commercial membership category. If it was not for his tireless work, the group commercial membership program would not be as successful as it is today. If anyone has ever attended an APCO Conference, they have seen Mr. McClure standing as one of the Sergeant at Arms. It is our opinion that there is no other commercial member who represents the values of Jack Daniel Award more than Nathan McClure.
- Presidential Awards
- Swearing-in of APCO Executive Committee & Board of Directors
- Bread Basket with Bavarian pretzel rods, Ciabatta rolls, and Parker house rolls.
- Colorado Mixed Green Salad with mixed greens, frisee and chopped romaine with mandarin oranges, golden beets, candied pecans, crumbled Haystack Mountain goat cheese and croutons. Served with truffle vinaigrette and ranch dressing.
- Herb roasted chicken breast stuffed with Fontina cheese and sage served over parmesan risotto with mustard demi-glace, grilled asparagus and grilled yellow pepper.
- Carrot Cake
- Water, Coffee, Decaf, Hot and Iced Tea